Friday 3 June 2011

KATHLEEN FREEMAN'S BLUE

BLUE BY KATHLEEN FREEMAN



Blue


I see you a small square of blue
in the corner of my eye blended
The warmth of your concern seeped into me
finding some pores not quite clogged

Mingling with my sadness, a strange cocktail
I drank it down like Alice
I hated it, and I remembered
daddy had a blue eye too


Like a piece of ocean washed glass
it glinted from the horizon

Mournfully staring, emptied of memory
  
Azure blue butterflies are better
they live and they die in the sun.
Caressing tall soft grasses, constantly
moving, they can never settle
never to belong, refusing to love





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.


 http://kathylambie.blog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment